Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Flashes of Hope

  Flashes of Hope is a national nonprofit organization whose goal is to photograph every child with cancer until there is a cure. They change the way children with cancer see themselves through the gift of photography while also raising money for pediatric cancer research. I had the honor of being a part of their organization last week. Flashes of Hope had stylists on hand to do hair and makeup for the older kids than wanted it (or their moms) to make it a little more fun and to boost their confidence.

The children that I got to photograph were absolutely precious. Many of them were just excited to get out of their rooms and all of them stole my heart. I really don't have the words to convey how much this experience tugged at my hearts strings. If you feel so inclined, please feel free to donate to this amazing 
cause http://www.flashesofhope.org/.



The beautiful faces I got to meet and make giggle...







Huge thanks to one of my best friends in the world, Nicole, for coming to help out. You are a gem and I love you.



  

5 comments:

Nicole Elliott said...

I've been dying to see how they all turned out...I LOVE THEM. What sweet kids they all were...and what a wonderful day it was. I'm just so happy you called me to come along ;)
Too many favorites to pic one...but our little guy with the hair curls...COME ON!

Shannon Nelson Photography said...

OMG ! This is wonderful Brooke !

Unknown said...

WOW...being a mom now puts this into a whole new perspective. I ran back to grab my little man as soon as I read this. What bravery and hope in each of their sweet faces.

You have the biggest heart. I am so blessed to call you my best friend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this kind of information.


Please also click on this keywords please :-- cash structured settlements | lump sum cash payment | sell annuity | selling structured settlements

KarlaJean77 said...

Oh my word...this made me cry so much! What a wonderful organization, I am so glad you got to be a part of it! How sobering to see such little ones suffering from such a horrible evil disease. Just reminds you again how precious life is.